We have aligned our Roadmap Back to Sailing with the official UK Govt guidance and the RYA, and can announce the following plan.
From March 29th 2021, Sailing on Caldecotte Lake will be permitted, aligning with step 1 of the UK Govt roadmap.
- You sail at your own risk, and must do so within your ability and suitable conditions.
- The clubhouse will only be openned on an ad-hoc basis
- There will be no rescue cover or organised sailing / racing at this stage.
From April 12th 2021, We aim to open the Clubhouse on a regular basis, permitting use of the changing rooms, and toilets.
- We will try to arrange limited safety boat cover, subject to volunteers
- There will be no official races / events organised.
- There will be no galley service or duties.
- Social distancing, and limits on the number of people allowed in the clubhouse will remain
From May 17th, 2021, We aim to resume limited sailing events.
- We will arrange a rota for safety boat cover, and race officer, for volunteers / regular sailors in order to resume events and structured racing.
- The organised events may be a subset of normal racing / events, until a full programme can be restored.
- Subject to volunteers, we will provide a limited galley service.
- As we will be dependent upon volunteers (and everyones situation / concerns are different), expect that this is on a best-efforts basis.
- Juniors and Training sessions will resume, subject to volunteers.
From June 21, 2021, we aim to return to normal operations if possible.
- Normal service to resume, though some social distancing measures may still be in effect.
- There should be no limits on the numbers of people indoor and outdoor at the Watersports Centre.
- Full rota of safety boat, race officer, assistant race officer and galley cover will be organised.
- If you are rota’ed on a duty, and cannot make it, or are unable to do duty due to covid concerns, please let us know in advance, in order to arrange alternative cover.
The dates above are aligned with the UK Govt roadmap, and as they have stated, these dates are subject to review. If the dates change, we will update our guidance.